Saturday, December 2, 2023 from 2:00 pm-7:00 pm
Rain or Shine, Los Olivos invites you to start the holiday season by experiencing the warm & friendly small-town fun of an Olde Fashioned Christmas!
Visit Open Houses, experience snow, and get fun photos, treats and deals at our shops, restaurants and tasting rooms.
Dec 2 Holiday Deals from 2-7pm (or closing):
- At Mattei’s Tavern, get a bowl of Chili for $18 all day, at the bar only.
- At Epiphany & the Bubble Shack’s Winter Wonderland, get Bubbles and Big Reds, Fesstivity by the glass and bottle, plus some of their Epiphany reds out of magnum until 7pm.
- At Refugio Ranch, enjoy their wines and food from 29 NINETY Pop Up, smashburgers, carnitas tacos, delicious dip and more until 7pm.
- At LOU Los Olivos, dine, drink, dance, and start your holiday shopping at their Tree Lighting Party from 5-7pm!
Starting at 2pm at Fig Mtn Brew LO:
- Holiday Market & Crafts
- Kids Cookie Decorating & Hot Cocoa
- Free photos with Santa
- Bierstacheln, an old German winter beer tradition where malty beer is hit with a hot poker in the glass to warm it up and give the foam a caramelized, marshmallow aroma.
At 4pm, head over to St. Mark’s In-The-Valley Episcopal Church (located on the corner of Alamo Pintado and Nojoqui – just a block from the flagpole in the center of town). See Gingerbread houses, decorated by local artisans and school children, transform the Hall into a winter wonderland. Also at 4pm, live music at Fig Mtn Brew 7pm.
The Tree Lighting is in the middle of town at 6pm – along with cookies, cocoa and roasted walnuts! Outdoor activities may be impacted by the rain, but the town tree lighting will be in the middle of town at 6pm, rain or shine.
Los Olivos Olde Fashioned Christmas Schedule:
- 2:00 – Holiday Market, Kids Cookie Station and free photos with Santa at Fig Mtn Brew!
- 4:00 – Gingerbread Wonderland at St. Mark’s
- 4:00 – Open Houses, Holiday Fun, Food booths, snacks through town, COOKIES & HOT COCA at the Old Grange
- 4:00 – Live Music at Fig Mtn Brew
- 5:00 – SYV Chorale Carolers, Santa Ynez Jazz Band
- 6:00 – Official Lighting of the Christmas Tree at the flagpole
Los Olivos Businesses Offer Special Holiday Cheer During Extended Hours
Towards evening, the streets of Los Olivos come alive with twinkling lights on buildings and trees. This is a magical opportunity to celebrate with your favorite wineries and shops, and do some holiday shopping. There will be snow! Also watch for Santa’s sleigh, holiday libations and snacks, and more photo opps!
Plan your visit with our town map for business locations, the park and the flagpole.
Please check out our sponsors:
Sponsored by Montecito Bank, St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley church, and Visit Santa Ynez Valley.
Photos courtesy of Liz Dodder and Holly Cline.
Your Guide to Santa Ynez Valley
Discover the Santa Ynez Valley, and Los Olivos! Part of Santa Barbara’s larger wine country, it’s a small-town and rolling-hills haven of restaurants, wineries, craft beer, museums, shopping and nightlife. And don’t forget the great outdoors and all it has to offer.