Updated Spring 2023
Did you know there are over 60 sparkling wine producers in Santa Barbara County? And we have 17 of them right here in Los Olivos! Many are such small production that they aren’t available year-round.
Here are the top 10 sparkling wines you can buy in downtown Los Olivos:
- Brewer-Clifton‘s Sparkling Wine is a labor of love. The entire process is done in-house, completely méthode champenoise (traditional Champagne method), with all tasks done by hand, made from 100% Chardonnay. Not always available, so ask for it.
- The Bubble Shack is all bubbly, all the time bubbles from Fess Parker with 3 sparklers on their tasting menu (open weekends only). It’s one of the only places in Santa Barbara County you can do a sparkling tasting flight.
- Ca’ Del Grevino has just released an Italian Prosecco-style sparkler called Riesecco. It’s a sparkling Riesling from their estate vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley, also made in the méthode champenoise. It’s not available online, so make sure you visit in Los Olivos to try it.
- Carhartt Family Wine’s sparkling wine is a Pét-Nat, or pétillant naturel, made each year in limited quantities. The variety and style changes every year, and they do run out, so ask about them.
- Coquelicot makes a traditional method sparkling wine made from dry Riesling.
- Future Perfect has just released a Sparkling Rosé Méthode Champenoise made of 69% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay and 6% Pinot Menuier (these are the classic grape varieties allowed in Champagne, France).
- Refugio Ranch makes a Pét-Nat of Sangiovese called Gleason Family Vineyards. This red sparkler is in the style of classic Italian red bubbly wines.
- Saarloos & Sons releases a Sparkling Wine once every decade. This one is a Sparkling Rosé of 100% Estate Grenache Noir – 10 Years In The Making. It’s called Loos Bubbles, and it’s a Brut Nature, meaning there was zero dosage (no additions
- Stolpman’s Combe label (a partnership between Pete Stolpman and Raj Parr) makes a Pét-Nat of sparkling Trousseau—the only sparkling Trousseau in the world.
- BONUS! Local Sparkling Wine at Bar Le Côte: Los Olivos Skin Contact Pét-Nat by Solminer & Bar Le Côte